2nd Communion as part of the Morning-Service
4th Fiona Earnest of Albanian Evangelical Mission speaking @ Whole-Church Prayer-Meeting, 7:30pm
8th Men’s Breakfast, 8:30am @ AP
13th Women’s Evening, 8pm @ The Manse
21st Bible Club, 6-7pm @ The Manse
27th Church Forum, subject: Church Rules, 7:30pm Next scheduled Church Forum: September 28th.
30th Robert Strivens (Bradford-On-Avon) preaching @ AP, AM & PM
Rhodri preaching @ Ebenezer Baptist Church, Swansea, AM & PM
- Whole-Church Prayer-Meeting dates: 4th & 18th | Small-Group Prayer-Meeting: 11th & 25th
- Speak to Rhodri, Ian, or Eric if you are interested in joining one of the three small-groups.
- The weekly Women’s Fellowship continues to meet on Wednesday mornings, in AP basement at 10:30am.
- The monthly Bible-Reading-Groups Bible-book is Amos this month. All church-members are encouraged to read it and consider Christ as you do. Those attending the groups (Women’s Evening / Men’s Breakfast / Bible Club) do keep a note of observations and questions to share with your group. Good questions to ask (these are questions the Bible asks about itself):
- What did you learn about the Lord Jesus?
- What did you learn about yourself?
- How were you corrected and rebuked?
- How do you feel you need to change?
- What did you learn from scripture that will help you endure (keep going) and be encouraged?
- What did you learn that will teach you to do works of service to build up the brothers and sisters in AP?
- What have you learned that helps you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind?
- What has helped you love your neighbour as yourself?
- When able to, those manning the book-table go out every Saturday (weather & personnel-permitting) 11am-12:30pm, members, speak to Eric if you are interested in joining the work.
- Rhodri is in the AECW Coordinating-Committee meeting on the 4th.
- We usually have our AGM in July, however, since this is our first year preparing for it as a registered-charity, things are taking longer than expected, a totally new process is required, so we won’t have our AGM before Autumn. Do pray for Gareth & Rhian who are taking the lion’s share of this work.
- Rhodri & the family hope to go away for six days from the 31st.
- Advance Notice: On Monday August the 14th at 11am, Keith Underhill is coming to Alfred Place to speak about his book, as a sort of “Book Launch”, that’s during conference-week.
Any book-orders or enquiries related to the bookshop should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Bookshop Facebook Page for all the latest information, including opening hours (note: a Facebook account is not required to access that page.)