[You’ll notice that many of our meetings are still not running as they were, this is due to the ongoing pandemic. One of our elders, Rhodri, is available for a chat on the phone, or for a socially-distanced walk. Please give him a call on 01970 611586 or 07828 516532 if you’d like to get in touch.]
Alfred Place (AP) is an Independent Baptist Church of Bible-believing Christians of all ages and backgrounds, we’ve been meeting on a road called Alfred Place in Aberystwyth for over 150 years.
For a summary of what we believe, have a look at the 1689 Baptist Confession.
Some of our concerns are:
- People: Especially work with students and young people.
- Outreach: This includes tract-distribution.
- Missions: We help support Christians in many countries all over the world.
- Books: Our little shop is run by volunteers, and a number of people from the Welsh Evangelical Church join us in this outreach.
11am — Morning Service
5pm — Evening Service
[Both services open to those booked-on in-person (capacity-permitting) & broadcast online to all, see YouTube]
- Prayer Meetings — Tuesdays 7:30pm [Currently Online, contact us for details]
- Wednesday Fellowship for women
— Wednesdays 10am[Currently Online, contact us for details] Coffee Morning (Open Drop-In) — Wednesdays 11am Young People’s Meetings – Primary School Age — Every other Friday at 6pm Secondary School Age — Every other Monday at 7:30pm
- Monthly Men’s & Women’s Bible-Reading Groups [Currently Online contact us for details]
Location: Alfred Place is a small street connecting Corporation Street and Eastgate, not far from the tourist information office.
Next to the church is a Christian Bookshop.
The Bookshop’s Opening Hours are as follows:
Tuesday: 11:00 – 15:00
Wednesday: 13:00 – 16:00
Thursday: 11:00 – 15:00
Friday: 11:00 – 15:00
2 Alfred Place, Aberystwyth, SY23 2BS, UK
Telephone: 01970 625005